02-19-2026     3 رجب 1440

Youth recruited to ‘channelize’ youth power shown door

February 08, 2021 | BK News Service

Youth who had been recruited under Nehru Yuva Kendra (NYK) Scheme in August 2019 in Jammu and Kashmir to channelize the ‘power and intelligence’ of youth and to bring them into mainstream on Saturday staged a protest alleging that the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has shown them door before the expiry of the dateline.

“The Ministry followed the policy of ‘use and throw,” the protesting volunteers who staged a protest at Press Enclave Srinagar told News Agency Kashmir News Trust.
Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), an autonomous organization under Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, within the Government of India is the largest and unique grass root level youth organization which integrates ‘power of the youth based on the principle of voluntarism, self-help and community participation.’
“We were appointed in August 2019 and used to get Rs 5,000 honorarium per month. Our job was to channelize power of youth. Due to lockdown, we couldn’t focus on the job assigned to us. But Government availed our services during lockdown period. We acted as volunteers outside banks, government offices, ration ghats to ensure social distancing during lock-down period,” Malik Abdul Moomin, who was leading the protest, said.
He said the irony is that after availing the services of recruited youth during lockdown period, now the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has started a new recruitment drive. “We have been shown door even before the expiry of date line that is August 2021. This is injustice towards the youth of Kashmir,”Malik said.
Another youth Haseeb Iqbal said that they have gone into depression. “We were working really hard but still being asked to vacate. This is sheer exploitation,” he said.
Junaid Bhat who was also part of the protest SAID that Union Sports Minister Kiran Rijju had assured them during a live interaction in Ganderbal that their jobs are secure. “We were used and exploited and now ignored. Same thing will happen to those youth who will be recruited now,” he said and sought intervention of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India.
An official from Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan said that they recruit youth for 2 years only and during that period the recruited ones work on honorarium. “New recruitment takes places after ever two years,” he said adding those recruited in August 2019 will get the honorarium till August 2021.

Youth recruited to ‘channelize’ youth power shown door

February 08, 2021 | BK News Service

Youth who had been recruited under Nehru Yuva Kendra (NYK) Scheme in August 2019 in Jammu and Kashmir to channelize the ‘power and intelligence’ of youth and to bring them into mainstream on Saturday staged a protest alleging that the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has shown them door before the expiry of the dateline.

“The Ministry followed the policy of ‘use and throw,” the protesting volunteers who staged a protest at Press Enclave Srinagar told News Agency Kashmir News Trust.
Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), an autonomous organization under Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, within the Government of India is the largest and unique grass root level youth organization which integrates ‘power of the youth based on the principle of voluntarism, self-help and community participation.’
“We were appointed in August 2019 and used to get Rs 5,000 honorarium per month. Our job was to channelize power of youth. Due to lockdown, we couldn’t focus on the job assigned to us. But Government availed our services during lockdown period. We acted as volunteers outside banks, government offices, ration ghats to ensure social distancing during lock-down period,” Malik Abdul Moomin, who was leading the protest, said.
He said the irony is that after availing the services of recruited youth during lockdown period, now the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has started a new recruitment drive. “We have been shown door even before the expiry of date line that is August 2021. This is injustice towards the youth of Kashmir,”Malik said.
Another youth Haseeb Iqbal said that they have gone into depression. “We were working really hard but still being asked to vacate. This is sheer exploitation,” he said.
Junaid Bhat who was also part of the protest SAID that Union Sports Minister Kiran Rijju had assured them during a live interaction in Ganderbal that their jobs are secure. “We were used and exploited and now ignored. Same thing will happen to those youth who will be recruited now,” he said and sought intervention of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India.
An official from Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan said that they recruit youth for 2 years only and during that period the recruited ones work on honorarium. “New recruitment takes places after ever two years,” he said adding those recruited in August 2019 will get the honorarium till August 2021.


  • Address: R.C 2 Quarters Press Enclave Near Pratap Park, Srinagar 190001.
  • Phone: 0194-2451076 , +91-941-940-0056 , +91-962-292-4716
  • Email: brighterkmr@gmail.com
Owner, Printer, Publisher, Editor: Farooq Ahmad Wani
Legal Advisor: M.J. Hubi
Printed at: Sangermal offset Printing Press Rangreth ( Budgam)
Published from: Gulshanabad Chraresharief Budgam
RNI No.: JKENG/2010/33802
Office No’s: 0194-2451076
Mobile No’s 9419400056, 9622924716 ,7006086442
Postal Regd No: SK/135/2010-2019
POST BOX NO: 1001
Administrative Office: R.C 2 Quarters Press Enclave Near Pratap Park ( Srinagar -190001)

© Copyright 2023 brighterkashmir.com All Rights Reserved. Quantum Technologies

Owner, Printer, Publisher, Editor: Farooq Ahmad Wani
Legal Advisor: M.J. Hubi
Printed at: Abid Enterprizes, Zainkote Srinagar
Published from: Gulshanabad Chraresharief Budgam
RNI No.: JKENG/2010/33802
Office No’s: 0194-2451076, 9622924716 , 9419400056
Postal Regd No: SK/135/2010-2019
Administrative Office: Abi Guzer Srinagar

© Copyright 2018 brighterkashmir.com All Rights Reserved.